Monday, November 24, 2008

Fave-Rave Word of the Day #001

Let me first preface this by stating that peppering my language with fancy words is one of the little things that gives me a thrill and gives my heart a little skip.(Other things that do this- anticipation of Paris fashion week, updates on BPAL, finding a great piece at a thrift store, paying someone a compliment, driving alone at night blasting rock n roll tunes from the '60s & '70s).

Personally, I think all of us could benefit by incorporating some exciting words into our lives. Therefore, I will be posting (hopefully daily) a word that I get a little joy out of saying aloud, along with a definition and some visuals. I will personally slap myself the next time someone asks me how I am doing and I just reply "good". Life is too short for a drab vocabulary.

Today's word is: Resplendent- adj. shining brilliantly; characterized by glowing splendor.


Photo from Sarah Kraly's Flickr



No comments: