Friday, February 20, 2009

Glamour Right Down to Her Ankles

I have a particular affinity for designer Doo Ri Chung, most likely due to the fact that her Spring/Summer 07 collection was the first runway show that myself & my two intrepid friends managed to blag our way into. I still get tiny little goosebumps when I think back on the thrill of making it into the tents, seeing Anna Wintour sitting front row, the dimming of the house lights & the way the tent's collective noise dropped to hushed whispers and the clack of photographers' lenses snapping furiously away as the first model turned the corner & strode down the catwalk.

As this week has been pretty hectic, I have only managed to slightly skim the NY f/w 09 fashion week coverage via TFS . So far, my opinion has been a collective "WOOF!"

However
,
Doo.Ri has lifted my spirits with these beauteous tights.

Photobucket
doo.ri tights


Those who know me well, know that I have a serious fetish for all things stockings/tights/knee-highs. The crystals on the hosiery sends them into the stratosphere of leg adornment. (Seriously, without them they'd just be another pair of ho-hum patterned hose.) It is almost as if the model was wearing some SERIOUS crystal bling bracelets or necklaces which broke whilst she was hastily preening & got stuck in the webbed pattern. Naturally, she looks down & noticed how amazing it looks, finishes getting ready & heads out the door. Serious lavish stuff.

(I think that's how fashion should be- the more fantasy, playfulness, lavishness, & irreverence, the better. Utilitarian & fashion should never be uttered in the same breath....)

pics from style.com

No comments: